On behalf of the Austin Area Heritage Council, we would like to offer you an opportunity to secure a booth at the Community Festival immediately following the Annual Citywide MLK Community March & Rally.
The Festival will take place on the campus of Huston-Tillotson University on Monday, January 21, 2019, from 11 AM to 3 PM.
The purpose of the festival is to celebrate Dr. King’s legacy while highlighting diversity and multiculturalism in our city. Over 20,000 people from many different cultures have participated in the Austin-area celebration in past years, and we are anticipating just as many this year.
The majority of the attendees will participate in the March and arrive between 10:30 – 11:00 AM, giving you plenty of time and opportunity to market your products or services. The festival will end at approximately 3:00 PM.
Please see important vendor information below:
- Application Form: Please complete the online Vendor Form at this link by 5pm on Friday, January 11th.
- Late Fee: A $25 late fee will be assessed for each form received after or post-marked after January 5th.
- Vendor Check-in: Vendor check-in will begin at 8:00 a.m. We are asking vendors to be completely set-up by 10:00.
- Canopy: For those of you who participated in previous celebrations, we will no longer provide the 100’x20’ canopy. We’ll also no longer rent 10′ x 10′ canopies.
- If you are bringing your own canopy, please also indicate on the attached form. Please note that if you are planning to bring your own tent, you will not be able to use tent stakes. You must use some other method of anchoring your canopy, i.e. sandbags. Absolutely no tent stakes will be allowed.
- Food Permit: Food vendors, who already have a Department of Health permit, do not need to secure a temporary permit. However, you will need to show your food permit prior to setting up your booth. If you do not already have a food permit or will be cooking in the open, you will need to include a $98 fee for a one-day food permit.
We hope that you are able to participate in this exciting and purposeful community celebration. If you plan to participate, please compete the online application form (link) no later than Friday January 5th to avoid paying a late fee.
Space is limited and vendors will be accepted on a first come first-served bases. Any applications received after that date will be accepted at the discretion of the committee based on space availability. So get your form in early to guarantee your spot in the Festival. For more information, please contact Mrs. Carol Wright at (512)657-3064 Carol@aahc.org or Dawnita Onyejiaka @ Dusmo62@gmail.com. We look forward to your participation.